At The Morritt we have some of the most beautiful settings imaginable
If you want a civil ceremony, we have some of the most beautiful settings imaginable. And being the first location in County Durham to offer civil ceremonies, we have huge experience in combining ceremony with celebration.
Whatever the size of your party, you’ve likely to find a place to fit, whether it’s for a civil ceremony and reception, or just for your celebration.
- We have the romantic Garden Room, which can seat up to 100 for a civil ceremony or 60 for a wedding breakfast.
- The stunningly impressive Ballroomcan seat up to 200, and can accommodate 300 for dancing and buffet.
- The elegant oak-lined Gilroy’s Dining Roomseats up to 50 and has an adjoining bar.
- The charming Rokeby Suitecan seat up to 30 and can be used as an extension to the Garden Room or Ballroom.
- The bijouBlue Room is ideal for an intimate and cosy ceremony for up to 16.
All of these rooms can be set up to your taste and personalised as you wish.
There are also three bars, comfortable relaxing lounges and gorgeous landscaped gardens offering a picturesque setting and excellent photograph opportunities.
Gardens & Grounds
Many happy couples have posed for photographs in the beautiful gardens and grounds of The Morritt Country House Hotel. The impressive stone-built, double-fronted 18th century coaching inn sits on a quiet road, just across the beautiful Greta Bridge where the river gently flows beneath.
Set in the heart of stunning Teesdale countryside and easily accessible off the A66, the hotel has well-kept, established gardens with many picturesque locations for photo opportunities. The landscaped gardens include intimate groves with tree-branch archways, floral and lawn areas, and our sculpture, The Spirit of Teesdale that incorporates dry-stone seating.