What could be more magical than an evening spent gazing at a clear sky filled with beautiful stars and awe-inspiring planets?
Join us for a relaxing break that includes an unforgettable evening stargazing.
WEDNESDAY 12th JANUARY 2022
The Morritt have partnered with Grassholme Observatory to offer a unique star gazing experience viewing the stunning dark night skies above upper Teesdale, one of the UK’s best regions for stargazing.
During the winter months the skies are at their very best, showcasing winter constellations, Jupiter, Saturn and the Milky Way. Best of all your stargazing experience is combined with a relaxing break and time to unwind.
Morritt Stargazing break itinerary:
- Arrive at the Hotel for check in from 3pm
- Enjoy a delicious two course seasonal dinner served, in Gilroy’s Restaurant at 5.30pm, accompanied by a glass of wine
- At 7pm, a mini bus will depart for Grassholme Observatory
- Arriving around 7:30pm, you will be welcomed at the observatory
- From 8pm one of the observatory team will take you on a guided tour of the awe-inspiring universe of stars and planets
- At 10pm, you will enjoy light refreshments
- The mini bus will depart at 11pm, returning to the Morritt, where the evening can be wound down with a nightcap beside the fire in Dicken’s Bar.
The price of this package starts at £125pp based on 2 people sharing, including overnight accommodation and a full English breakfast before departure.
Why not upgrade to a Superior Double or Feature Room for an additional £25 per person? Or add an extra night to your package, giving you time to enjoy our award-winning Garage Spa* or explore the natural beauty of the region or visit nearby Bowes Museum.
This experience is offered as an exclusive partnership with the Morritt and Grassholme Observatory and cannot be booked anywhere else.
Date available to book: Wednesday 12th January 2022
Why not make this a perfect present and buy as a gift voucher?
Grassholme Observatory, based in the beautiful County Durham countryside, is the perfect place to explore the universe and discover the vast array of planets and stars above us.
The observatory is on the banks of Grassholme Reservoir and the purpose built facility provides a sophisticated array of telescopes and instruments to explore the sky above. Using high tech instruments and computers lead astronomer Gary Fildes and his team will take you on a journey into the sky that will be completely inspirational.
In an area of outstanding beauty, free of light pollution and with stunning scenery it is a perfect location to discover the wonder of the sky at night.
* The Garage Spa use must be booked in advance of your stay and is subject to availability.